Network Delivery Manager
Are you our new colleague?
Do you have proven hands-on network engineering experience in enterprise environments and do you want to help develop one of Northern Europe’s biggest wireless networks and be part of Denmark’s leading hospitality company? Then you might be our new colleague!
About the job?
We are looking for a Network Engineer to support, maintain and develop our network infrastructure and take ownership the planning, coordination and delivery of IT network and related IT setups for events within our venues.
We have one of Northern Europe’s biggest wireless networks in Bella Center and in our three hotels. We have just finished deploying a new network in our new Bella Arena, and are planning to continue the upgrade process over the next years. We also continue our capacity adjustments as well as journey to the cloud. These are examples of projects you will be responsible for, in close corporation with our IT partners on the network and server side.
This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out decisions. Strong focus on and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. The work must be done accurately and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing our goals and ensuring a high level of quality on delivery from our partners.
Primary responsibilities (est. 70%)
- Install and configure network devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, VPN)
- Correspond with customers and internal project managers via email and phone for initial requirement capture for network services provided during events
- Implement, configure and support network services during events
- Optimize and develop Plug and Play network setup solutions and related
relevant services for events in close corporation with our Partners
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, schedule upgrades and perform network optimization
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending and capacity planning
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Secondary responsibilities (est. 30%)
- Participation in other BCHG IT projects
- Supporting the rest of the BCHG IT team in expediting and solving Helpdesk/support tickets from colleagues within the organization
- Participation in internal meetings
You have proven hands-on network engineering experience in enterprise environments. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing sophisticated computer networks is required as well as at least 3 years’ experience in network architecture and deployment. We expect you to have a deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS) and the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches and controllers.
Other than that:
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP are highly valued, but not a requisite)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- You are dependable, adaptable, and flexible when necessary
- You are able to create structure and take ownership of the end-to-end processes within your area of work – both towards our clients and toward colleagues
- A good commercial understanding, a structured approach and sense of urgency is vital to succeed in this role
- You are outspoken and you can take responsibility in a client meeting
- You have a strong ability for technical trouble-shooting with regards to network issues with 20.000+ conference participants
- Strong communication skills in English written and spoken.
- Danish is a strong plus, but not a requisite
- You have a team player attitude and are creative in providing solutions even under occasional pressure
- You are willing to work flexible hours
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we will close the ad once we have hired our new team member. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
About the company
At BC Hospitality Group, we value diversity and therefore encourage everyone qualified to apply regardless of gender, age, disability, ethnic background, religion and sexual orientation.
BC Hospitality Group, has more than 1,580 hotel rooms, 162 meeting and conference rooms and more than 200,000 square metres of conference, meeting and event facilities with capacity for more than 30,000 people.
BC Hospitality Group has approximately 300 permanent employees divided between close to 50 different nationalities.
BC Hospitality Group A/S is one of Denmark's largest companies within hotels, conferences, events and hospitality. The company consists of: Bella Center Copenhagen, Scandinavia’s largest exhibition and conference centre – Bella Sky Conference & Event, Denmark’s largest conference centre – Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Denmark’s leading hotel within sustainability – AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, the largest design hotel in Scandinavia – Copenhagen Marriott, one of Copenhagen’s best-known, five-star hotels – CIFF, northern Europe’s leading fashion fair - CIFF Showrooms, Scandinavia's largest fashion house for professionals with more than 16,000 sqm of permanent showrooms. – International House, Bella Center Copenhagen’s office hotel rent out offices from 11 sqm to 300 sqm.